Thursday, February 22, 2007

Who are you?

Today, in Corporate Finance class, the professor called on one group out of all groups randomly and asked them to discuss about an article about a fee of an investment banker. The group was consisted of five students: Hisao, a Japanese student, and other Asian students. However, accidentally, Hisao decided not to join the class before the class started. Thus, the rest of the members, except for Hisao, stepped forward and made a discussion. It seemed really hard especially for international students.

The interesting thing is that the professor looked confused because only four people were discussing and maybe he didn't know exactly who is who. He seemed not to figure out who was absent. Hisao was really lucky!

After the class, JunJun and Ye, other members of the group, envied Hisao because he was not in class but the professor didn't realize him. Hisao apologized to them, and then he said,

"I will talk to the Professor and I will say,

I am JunJun and I am sorry I was not able to attend the last class..."


Yes. That's a way to survive in Tepper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks,

It was funny.

I have another story about this.

Our team wrote up our paper yesterday by just summarising the articles like other teams.
It was quite easy to conclude that there is no collusion because the later paper says so...

Our team members are struggling in getting summer internship job in U.S..
So they didn't seem to want to spend more time for one or two points.

I have time and I like them. I can spend time for them.
I tried to make our report unique and meet professor's expectation.

Then, around midnight, I found an article that was published in 2005 by Tepper faculty.
I read it and put one more argument on our paper, believing that professor will give additional point to us.
But I didn't anticipate that we are assigned to present it in class.

I think they didn't know well about the article I added and that's why they looked so nervous, but I can imagine that they did well.

Anyway I can say that we occasionally contributed to each other and this incident tightened our relationship!
So I'm happy!

Hisao