Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ageless Song

"When I was youth, there were the gods
Mighty strength made my dream come true
Even after you have grown up,
a miracle happens in a morning you get up with a soft heart

Open the curtains
Sunbeams falling onto you might make you happy softly and warmly
Everything you can see is a message"

"Yasashisa ni tsutsumarete (優しさに包まれて)" by Yumi Arai, in 1974


Last week, I met my brother in NYC. He loves Hayao Miyazaki's movies and especially he likes "Kiki's Delivery Service" (魔女の宅急便)

Then, in the book I read yesterday, the writer, Mogi-san says that he is a big fun about Yumi, a famous singer song writer. The theme song of Kiki's Delivery Service is written by Yumi. It's been a while since I listened to the song.

Impelled by a sudden thought, I listened to the song, and I was really touched by lyrics to this song. Thus, I tried to translate the song into English though I have final exams during this week...

No comments: