Wednesday, February 21, 2007

International Festival Info Session for Flex-time students

Last week, I had the info session for International Festival, as I mentioned before. International Festival is an event dedicated to sharing and learning about cultures and countries represented at Tepper. This is an annual event and I will be an organizer this year. The purpose of this info session is to let students know the overview of International Festival.

Last week, I was able to have the session for the Full-time students, but I couldn't have the session for the Flex-time students because of snow storm. So, today I planed to have it at 10pm because I heard that classes for Flex-time students start at 6pm and end at 10pm. However, the class finished at 9:30pm today of all days. I just arrived at school at that time, and so I started right away. I was lucky because it could have been worse if I arrived just before 10pm.

Flex-time students are working during the daytime and taking classes during the night time. They will finish the same education which will be provided in full-time course for three years. It seems very hard for them to work and study simultaneously but the data shows they can get the same test scores as Full-time students in classes. Great!

When I joined the Dean's session, he talked about the secret about how Tepper can keep the high-quality education with the smallest class size. 4 years ago, Tepper reduced the class size to half. In order to keep the faculties, they made the on-line Flex-time course in New York by developing video-conference classes. Faculties talk to students in New York through the video conference system. We have to thank to the idea because we are getting the benefits of the small class size and the high-quality education by keeping the prestigious faculties.

No comments: